As a Houston based company for over 35 years, we are heartbroken by the devastation that Hurricane Harvey has cast on our city. We are also proud Houstonians that stand together and will rebuild!
We hope that you are all safe and well. For those that are still in need of aid please let us know how we can help. We have put together a Disaster Relief list of how you can receive and how you can provide help.
- Disaster Unemployment Assistance
- Question: I lost my job because of the disaster and am unable to make my mortgage or rent payments. Will FEMA make payments until I can return to work?
- No- FEMA is not authorized to make such payments.
- BUT- If you lost work because of the disaster, you may qualify for Disaster Unemployment Assistance (DUA). Contact the local office of your State’s Employment Commission for information about DUA. The DUA program covers most people affected by a disaster, including many who do not normally qualify for regular unemployment aid. Also, be sure to speak to your lender or landlord and explain your circumstances. Special arrangements can often be made.
- OUR EMPLOYEES– Most likely our employees will file an application through the Texas Workforce Commission. You should do this as soon as possible they will be getting many applications soon. Click herefor the resource guide.
- FEMA Flood Claim information
- FEMA phone number: 800-462-7585
- Website: www.disasterassistance.gov
- Shelters in the Houston are located throughout, a list can be found here.
- United Way Helpline at 211
- Texas Association of Business has a hotline for business owners seeking help. 512-637-7714
- Disasters like this one take an emotional toll on a person. The Disaster Distress Helpline has professionals ready to help- 1-800-908-9570
- Grocery Stores that are open, hereis a list.
- Road Condition on a Localand State level
How can you help? Some of us were fortunate to not be affected by Harvey and we are moving are minds towards lending a helping hand. Here are some of the few ways to help out.
- Red Cross- Disaster Relief Aid, you can donate to help the Houston Harvey relief.
- JJ Watt- Our very own Texans player, JJ Watt has started a YOUCARINGfund and as of right now has raised $5.6 million in 3 days.
- Food Banks- Many food banks were affected by Harvey and will need help to get back to helping out the communities they serve. List of food banks here.
- Homeless Sheltersare open and taking donations to help the homeless.
- Animals- They were also affected by Harvey and the Houston SPCA is doing all they can to support animals and have issued a great blog postabout their efforts. The Humane Society is also doing wonderful things; you can see it on their website.
- South Texas Blood and Tissue Center– many people incurred injuries and will be needing life critical care.
This is going to be a long term recovery so we encourage everyone to stay safe, be positive and reach out for help when you need it. Let’s show the world just how powerful people who help other people can be!